Enabling Reliable Travel: Rapid Transit System Serving The City of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
• NTPL and Spearhead in a consortium bidding for telecommunication scope floated by ST engineering
• We were awarded the contract all of the Works and services of the Arumbakkam, Airport, St. Thomas mount, Anna Tower, Thirumangalam, Nandhanam, Saidapet, Govt Estate, Washermanpet, and Central station of Chennai Metro Phase 1 Project forming the Signalling, Platform Screen Doors, Datacentre and Telecommunications Design and Build.
• The Works covered include, as a minimum, detailed design, manufacture, procurement, supply, factory testing, packing and transport to site, installation, site testing, commissioning, and handover of the works to the client.
The summary of the various systems and sub-systems which are applicable to the Telecommunications scope are:
Apart from the above sub system the scope include:
- Integrated Control and Management System
- Public Address and Voice Alarm System
- Driver Only Operation (DOO) CCTV System
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) System
- Access Control and Intruder Detection System
- Passenger Information Display (PID) System
- Office Telephone System
- Operational Telephone System
- Master Clock System
- Voice Recording Facilities
- M&E SCADA System
- TETRA Radio System
- Local Area Network (LAN) System
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Communications Backbone Network (CBN)
- SDH Communications Backbone Network
- Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
- Building a Datacenter (Communication Equipment Room) to host all the sub systems. The CER activities include rack, ACDB, Rectifier , Battery System , Earthing System, MDF and Isolator installation, Cabling, terminating and labeling.
- Signal and power cabling for all the above sub-system.
- GI Conduit, Tray supply and laying